Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paula Danziger's Amber Brown

It's been a while since I've read much in the way of early chapter books. I seem to always come home from the library with bags full of picture books, and a few middle grade novels tucked under my arm. But I admit that I've been neglecting the reading level that falls between these popular ages, so I've been trying to make up for that lacking.

Until a few weeks ago, I'd not read any of the Amber Brown series by Paula Danziger. Let me say, they are delightful. 

I've only read a couple so far, but Amber Brown is around third or fourth grade and faces the same problems many kids that age will face - along with divorced parents that she is drastically hoping will get back together.

Told in first person out-spoken viewpoint, Amber Brown is a pleasure to follow along, both in the classroom and on trips to foreign countries. I really like Ms. Danziger's skill as a storyteller for this age group. She did an outstanding job, in my humble opinion, and I highly recommend her books for your young readers.

HAPPY READING!

Cordelia Dinsmore

0 comments:

Post a Comment