Friday, January 6, 2012




This video cracks me up. If you watch and listen closely, you'll observe that Elvis thought it was a hoot, also. I don't know if the dog enjoyed making this appearance, but it certainly tickled the King.

Sunday will be the anniversary of  Elvis Presley's birthday. I plan to bake a cake, and will eat a  healthy portion of it in memory. Ah, shucks, I'll most likely eat an unhealthy portion, but his birthday only comes once a year, after all.

I always thought Elvis to be a rather unusual name. I have personally known one person by the name of Elvis. My oldest daughter dated an Elvis during her high-school years. He was a very attractive, dark-haired boy, tall and slender, with an engaging smile. His mother named him well.

But other than that Elvis, I've never run across any other people with that particular name. What I have discovered, however, is that there are a lot of dogs named Elvis. There are 492 dogs named Elvis on a site called Dogster. That's a lot of Elvis. Nick Jonus named his dog Elvis. I don't know the breed of that particular dog, but I'm sure he's a "hound dog".

Elvis loved dogs, and owned quite a few of them. The names he chose for his dogs make me laugh. He had a Honey, and a Sweet Pea, a Teddy Bear (hmm, wonder where that one came from) and a Muffin, which I understand had a disciplinary problem. At least one of his dogs starred in a movie with Elvis. Do you know which one it was?

I also discovered in my research that at least one book has been written featuring a dog named Elvis. Does it never end? Georgette Livingston is the author, and the book is titled The Dog Named Elvis Caper. It's a mystery, and the Elvis in the story is a St. Bernard.

My upcoming MG novel, Michaela's Gift, includes a dog, but she isn't a  St. Bernard, and her name certainly isn't Elvis, but she is very special. You'll have to wait a while to meet her, but in the meantime you should watch the video and celebrate the King's birthday. Oh, and while you're at it, drop by the blog of a special person named Cornell Deville. You'll find him at http://cornelldeville.blogspot.com/. Today is his birthday, and he'll be surprised if you tell him I sent you over there.

Happy Reading!
 

2 comments:

Chrissy Peebles said...

What a wonderful post. I LOVED the video! LOL. The dog is so cute! And I loved Elvis! Michaela's Gift sounds fantastic and I'll definitely put it on my to-read list. Happy Birthday Cornell Deville! I love his books! I joined your blog and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

Amaleen Ison said...

All this Elvis trivia is new to me. Very interesting, fun post.

Post a Comment