Friday, June 29, 2012

MUSA PUBLISHING SHOUT-OUT!

I want to interrupt my usual blog flow to take a moment to mention once again my publisher, Musa Publishing.


I've known of Celina Summers and Dominique Eastwick for several years, as active members over on the forums at Absolute Write. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the amazing residents over there because they have tirelessly helped me to become a better writer and helped build my confidence.


When I first began reading Celina's posts about starting her own publishing company, I didn't think I had a chance. So I contacted a fellow writer and told him to check it out. When he told me later that he had submitted to them and had been offered a contract, I was thrilled for him. I knew his writing was strong and I enjoyed his tales. 


Then he suggested that I also submit to them. I put it off for a while, fearful that it would end in another rejection. Also, I write for a younger group, basically upper MG, and I didn't know how well that genre fit into their overall plan.


I'm so thankful that I took his advice and overcame my fears. They are an amazing group to be a part of, and work tirelessly to make sure technologically challenged writers such as myself, although I might be the only one in their fold, learn the concepts of marketing and contracts and the myriad other things that writers need to learn in order to stay current with trends in publishing.


I'm very excited to be a part of this team. I believe that the ebook market for the younger set is just now beginning to bloom, and before we know it, it's going to burst into a plethora of new opportunities for writers to get our work out to the masses.


But don't just take my word for it. Read what Musa has to say about it here:  http://musapublishing.blogspot.com/p/about-us.html


I'll be back next week on my thoughts about saving cats. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend. And I hope they get those fires out in Colorado under control very soon.


Cordelia

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Great job!
Patti

Helen Hardt said...

Musa is a great place to be!

Vonnie said...

I agree with everything you've said, Cordelia. Compare e-publishers and Musa comes out in the top three.

Cordelia Dinsmore said...

Thanks for stopping by, ladies. Helen - thanks for joining us. Give me a blog address if I don't already have it and I'll reciprocate.

Post a Comment