Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Round of Edits - DONE!!



I have survived my first round of edits, but just barely. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted, and it has nothing to do with the fight I had with the lawnmower yesterday evening, even though that was one harrowing experience.


Truthfully? It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected after seeing all the red ink for the very first time. In fact, by the time I finished up, I was thoroughly enjoying myself, and I'm sure my characters got a laugh or two at my expense, so all is good. Unless my amazing editor had something else in mind with all those helpful comments. We shall see.


Although this was my first experience with an editor, it wasn't my first time with a critique. I honestly enjoy submitting my work to betas for critique. That's one of the main reasons I hang out at sites like AbsoluteWrite and Miss Snark's First Victim. If you haven't tried them, you need to. They are hubs of exciting and wondrous things, and you will be amazed at the wealth of information that can be gained by exploring their recesses.


Do you have a favorite go-to site where you meet with friends and help each other with your manuscripts? If so, please share. I'm always looking for ways to improve my craft, and if we assist each other, it will only make us all stronger.


Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon with a short review of my latest read. I'm also going to finish up on a character interview now that I have a few days to breathe before getting back to my current WIP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment