Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Lucky Seven Meme comes to call
The Lucky Seven Meme
I've been tagged by my fellow scribe and all-round creatix Derek to take part in Jaycee's Lucky Seven Meme. Here be the rules:

1. Go thou to page 77 of your current MS
2. Get thee hence to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let each and every one of them know
(Unwritten rule - share the literary love)

This is my first foray into this type of fun game, so I hope I do it correctly. The seven authors I am tagging are:

5. MJWare


Sadie was waiting for my response, but I couldn’t figure out anything that wouldn’t make her even madder. So I turned away. That must have been the wrong thing to do, because she began beating her feet on the side of the barn again. She sure did have a lot of temper in her.
“Dang it, I got a splinter.” Sadie pulled her foot up and cupped it in her hands. She began digging at her heel with her dirty fingernails. She’d probably get an infection.
            After a moment she looked up at me. “So, what do you want to talk about since we can’t discuss your legs?”
            Just like that, her mood changed. She was like one of those mimes that moves his hand up and down in front of his face, changing from frown to smile. Maybe that was for the best. I turned my gaze from her dirty foot and looked out over the fields. “Where do you suppose Goober is by now?”
            “Probably back on that old man’s porch,” she said. “Want to go get him? It’s not that far to town. Just under three miles.”
            My look must have revealed what I thought about walking that far, especially since we’d have to do it twice. Sadie stood, sending dust motes flying. “We don’t have to walk,” she said, her voice excited. “I’ll saddle up Freckles. She doesn’t mind being ridden double.”
            I scrambled up and dusted off my seat. “We can walk. I don’t really like horses all that much.” I hated having to admit that, knowing how much she loved them, but I couldn’t tell Sadie that horses terrified me. She already believed me to be the biggest chicken in the world.
            Sadie’s laugh wasn’t mean. “Of course you don’t.” She started down the ladder. “But I will get you on one eventually. I guarantee you’ll fall in love.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment