Friday, March 16, 2012

It's Time to Turn Green

This morning I plan to finish my first round of edits on Michaela’s Gift. While I can’t say it’s been the most exciting part of the publishing experience to date, I will admit that it’s been a lot less of the hassle I was expecting. It took a while for me to figure out why I was looking at the experience in such a negative mind-set, but I now realize it all boils down to the fact that I had a deadline. That’s a first for me in my writing life. It nearly sent me into a panic, but now that I know I can handle it, it’s become a non-issue.

Speaking of boiling – if you didn’t notice it, it’s two lines up – I dropped two corned beef briskets into the crock pot a little earlier. Tomorrow we shall dine on delightful Reuben sandwiches in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. It will be difficult to resist grilling them tonight, but my daughter’s away at a Special Olympics basketball tournament, and I wouldn’t dream of having Rueben’s without her here to share them.

Of course, we’ll only need one of the briskets for our sandwiches. That leaves the other one available for a Reuben casserole. I didn’t plan to talk about food on this blog, but even my characters have dietary needs, so they understand this little side trip.

If you are a fan of Reuben sandwiches, you might also enjoy the casserole. It’s easy to assemble, and has that same yummy taste of the corned beef spices and the tangy bite of the sauerkraut, but the casserole is a time-saver because the entire dish cooks itself and the cook doesn’t have to hover over a hot griddle.

There are a number of recipes available for this dish on the internet. I prefer one I found on the Foods Network site, but look around and you’ll probably discover one that works for you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day. Take the opportunity to read a book, and since it’s all about the green, you might make it an eBook. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for your book, Michaela’s Gift to be available, Cordelia.

Gosh, your cooking sounds delicious. Yum, you've made me hungry now.

Post a Comment